** (added Jun 20) Cookstown Ladies 1st XI are seeking applications for the position of head coach as they celebrate their 40th anniversary season. With a very motivated youth set up producing a number of promising players, the club are principally looking for a person able to motivate and re-energise the squad as they move into Ulster Senior Two.
This promises to be a season of great challenges as the team seek to earn their place back in Ulster Senior One. Enthusiasm, creativity and the ability to create a positive and ambitious environment is just as important as experience or qualifications in coaching.
The successful applicant should be free to attend training on a Tuesday night at Steelweld Park as well as travel with the team on match days. For further information please contact Linda at email@example.com or 0773 945 7285.
** (added June 9) The Trinity Ladies Hockey Club second team (Leinster Division 3) are seeking a coach for the 2017/18 season. Must be available Monday and Wednesday evenings (20.00-22.00) for training and Saturdays for matches. Travel expenses are covered.
Interested candidates should send a summary of work/hockey experience and any inquiries to Elizabeth Young at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your email a small paragraph explaining what you will bring to the team that will help them succeed this season.
** (added June 9) Newry Olympic Hockey Club is now recruiting a new head coach or player/coach, for their men’s first eleven side which play in the Ulster Premier Division. This can be a flexible post to suit the right candidate, initially on a one-year contract with an attractive salary negotiable.
- Relevant hockey experience and qualifications
- Good communication and motivational skills
- Knowledge to improve players and find talent to bring into the squad
- Attendance at training sessions and match days
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
If you feel you meet the requirements we invite you to send your CV to Jeremy Greer at email@example.com or alternatively contact him on 00 44 78 5020 6301.
** (added May 24) Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club are delighted to announce that Elun Hack will coach the Ladies 1st team for the upcoming EYHL season. Having worked with us in a part-time capacity last season, Elun will work exclusively with the squad for this campaign, as we look to build on the experience of the first two seasons in the EYHL & strive to compete at the highest level.
** (added May 24) UCD Ladies Hockey Club are hiring coaches for a variety of junior teams across a range of Leinster divisions. Coaching for UCD LHC is a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself as a coach with a wide range of excellent students of different abilities. All coaches should be available for two training sessions midweek and a match on a Saturday. It is important that candidates are enthusiastic and motivated to guide their team throughout the season.
Interested candidates should:
- Have a minimum of a IHA Level One Coaching qualification
- Have completed a Code of Ethics course with Irish Hockey
- Be capable of preparing appropriate weekly session plans.
All candidates will be subject to Garda Vetting. For further information or to submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an appropriate CV.
** (added May 23) Genesis Hockey Club is currently seeking applications for the position of Head Coach of Genesis. The Head Coach will coach Genesis 1st team and will oversee the implementation of the youth training plan by the Youth Coaching Coordinator.
Genesis 1st team plays in Leinster senior league division 1 and has the ambition to reach the play-offs for the EY league. Training for 1sts and 2nds is on Mondays and Wednesdays at Genesis home pitch at St. Raphaela’s school in Stillorgan, 19.30-21.30.
If you are interested applying for this coaching position please send your hockey CV to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Wednesday 31 May 2017.
Genesis is based in St. Raphaela’s School in Stillorgan, with 6 teams playing in Leinster senior divisions 1-12 as well as a thriving Colts section of 155+ players ranging from 8-16 years of age. Genesis welcomes new players to the senior club so if you are interested in joining us please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
** (added May 17) Railway Union Hockey Club is seeking a coach for their first XI men’s team for the upcoming 2017/18 season. Competing in the EYHL since its inception, Railway Union offers the opportunity to coach at the highest Irish club level.
Applicants will require:
• A minimum of an IHA Level 1 coaching qualification, with Level 2 qualification preferable.
• Relevant coaching experience is essential.
• Familiarity and competence with game video analysis and the ability address and convey this in team video sessions.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate players to perform to the best of their abilities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
• The design and implementation of structured, high intensity, team training sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• Appropriate planning for, and attendance at, all team matches on Saturdays, with occasional Sunday and midweek matches throughout the season.
• Development and integration of young players into the senior squad, along with overseeing the development of second team players into the first team squad.
• Liaising with relevant members of the club committee as required.
Appropriate remuneration will be discussed with potential applicants during the interview process.
Please register your interest by Monday the 12th of June to email@example.com