The Leinster Hockey Association want to appoint a Development Programme Manager (DPM). This will be a full time role – running as two-year fixed term contract with the potential to extend.
Roles and responsibilities will be reviewed annually and are subject to change. The DPM main reporting line will be LHA Board member for InterPros and Player Development.
The DPM will be responsible for setting up regional development programmes across the province. While the primary purpose of these centres is the development of players, they will also serve as a platform to develop coaches and umpires, and the DPM will therefore need to link in with the LHA board members responsible for umpire development and general development.
- Setting up districts/regions across the provinces
- Recruiting & appointing coaches in consultation with Inter-Pro Player development advisory group and LHA Board member for coach development
- Arranging pitches (maximising use of available free pitch hours from pitch loan schemes) and training resources
- Ensuring appropriate training equipment – balls, cones, bibs etc.
- Engaging with local sports partnerships and local councils to build relationships
- Managing the regional development programmes and centres across the province
- Establishing annual budgets in line with available funding
- Sourcing ongoing sponsorship for regions and districts in conjunction with catchment area clubs/schools/county councils
- Managing the central player, coach and manager registration and administration
- Devising and implementing a calendar of events to meet the programme objectives
- Organising inter district/regional events (e.g.1 day inter-district development matches
- Ensuring that players registered in the regional centres are monitored and tracked through their development
- Developing plans that ensure the continued development of players, coaches and umpires
- Liaising with the relevant direction groups (e.g. LHUA, HI Coach Development etc.)
- Overseeing and ensuring that coaches are delivering structured development programmes to enable players to develop to their potential and
- Supporting the delivery of a programme that aligns the technical and tactical components with current trends and Hockey Ireland Hooked for Life Curriculum
- Providing opportunities for young umpire development within the centres
- Ensuring that players identified for inclusion in the provincial performance panels
- Ensuring that programmes are aligned to Hockey Ireland’s Hooked for Life development programmes and the High Performance Strategy
- Setting up and running Leinster Hockey Camps in the regional areas
- Sourcing and booking venues
- Ensuring appropriately resourced with coaches, equipment etc.
- Preparing a delivery plan and producing monthly progress reports and updates to the the LHA board member(s) on progress vs plans
- Supporting Leinster Hockey events and activities as required
- Engaging with Local Sports Partnerships and Regional development officers as appropriate to the role
- Passionate and committed to the development of Hockey across Leinster
- Experienced coach / coach-tutor in Hockey
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience in organisation and planning
- Experienced people manager – ideally with a proven track record managing other coaches
- Full driving licence and own transport
- Willingness to work early evenings and weekends as required
- The successful candidate will need to be garda vetted for working with children and should hold Safeguarding certificates
Salary will be in the region of €30,000 plus expenses. (Depends on experience).
To apply for this position please send the following to email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae & Cover Letter
- Completed LHA Application Form for Role involved with Working with Children
- Competed LHA Code of Conduct form for Sports Leaders
The successful candidate will be Garda Vetted.
Closing dates: 18th December 2020