Leinster Hockey confirmed on Tuesday afternoon men’s Division 1A and 1B and women’s Division 1 and 2 can proceed as scheduled following the Government move to place Ireland at Level 3 of the “Living with Covid” response plan.
The 2019-20 Men’s Mills Cup Final (scheduled for 18th Oct) can proceed as scheduled. All other Leinster fixtures are postponed until further notice.
The announcement aligns with Sport Ireland and Hockey Ireland protocols for level 3 which allows for “elite” sport to continue. Under those guidelines, it is anticipated that the EY Hockey Leagues will continue on as planned.
Training for all can take place in pods of up to 15 people (ref Hockey Ireland 25th September).
The circular from Leinster Hockey added:
All clubs, players, officials are reminded that they must abide by the Hockey Ireland “Return to Play & Competition Protocols” which include:
- A Covid Officer must be present for any and all engagement in hockey activity and flag to those involved if protocols are not being adhered to
- Members with any symptoms of Covid must stay away from the hockey facility
- All members should follow governmental guidance when travelling to and from the facility
- Club should ensure all member contact details are accurate and up to date to assist with contract tracing if necessary
- All those entering or leaving the pitch should be instructed to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser
- Spectators are not permitted
- Everyone should abide by the Club Covid 19 Protocols
Information on the protocols, Covid Officer Online courses, Covid Officer responsibilities etc., can be found on the Covid19 tab on the Leinster Hockey website (Click Here)