Galway is an ambitious club who are seeking to build on previous league and cup successes to gain IHL status and become Connacht’s premier club. We boast three senior teams and many junior and development sides who have produced a long line of provincial and junior international players. We have competed in the IHL Wildcards for the past two seasons.
The club seeks to appoint a dynamic and ambitious coach who shares our vision for the club building on a strong base of juniors. We will accept applicants seeking a Coach or Player Coaching position and provide the springboard for an up and coming talented coach. We are aiming to put a remuneration package together that will allow a coach to travel from other provinces. Training slots and match times may be molded to suit any other commitments the coach may have.
Applicants will ideally have:
– A dynamic, hard working personality
– Passion to develop a young and emerging squad
– The ability to deliver fun and enjoyable sessions
– A coaching qualification and Code of Ethics certification
– Provide the technical and tactical direction for the 1st XI and support the 2nd XI and other teams within the club through an annual training plan
– Provide effective on pitch training sessions to a high technical and tactical standard
– To manage support staff to be effective in their roles (manager, assistant coach, fitness coach etc)
– Manage individual players to maximise team performance
– Work with other coaches within the club to provide a unified coaching pathway
– Moderate remuneration and travel allowances payable to suitable candidates.
Queries can be made (in confidence) to Donal Dempsey on 087 2427873. Applications should be made in writing, including an up to date CV to email@example.com.
For more information, visit the Galway Hockey Club website